We are absolutely thrilled that you can join us this coming Saturday, September 24th for the 7th annual Mito Colour Walk/Run. We have an exceptional group of mito supporters and we are looking forward to a fun filled day. The weather forecast is sunny with a high of 17. Not too hot not too cold – just perfect! Registration opens at 11:00am and the walk/run begins at 12:30. Come early for great food, a tattoo artist and candy/popcorn table for the kids (shhh), mini golf, silent auction, new mito merchandise, Lionel the Boston Pizza mascot, and the ceremonial balloon release. Burger Priest will be onsite and open from 12 noon onward. BP Combo – burger, fries and drink- is $10. This year we’ve had a tremendous response from the corporate community wanting to support MitoCanada’s activities including WestJet, Shoppers, TD Bank, Inniskillin Wines, Hamilton Ti-Cats and Bulldogs, Keurig, Umbra, Hains Celestial, Tim Horton’s, Boston Pizza, York West Plumbing and Supply, Atlantis Bath Centre, Zenergy Communications, Sterling Marketing Product (Print Division) and IDS Canada. Our major prize for this year’s draw is a prize pack consisting of a roundtrip tickets for 2 on any regular scheduled WestJet destination PLUS a 5 piece luggage set. The travel voucher covers all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges. This package has a retail value of $3100+. If you’ve been coveting one of the new “mito” t-shirts in hot pink or lime green that have been made popular in Calgary and Ottawa this year, you can pick one up at the pop-up shop – while supplies last. You can find us at the fantastic Dofasco Park in Stoney Creek. There is plenty of free parking on site and the park and walk/run route are wheelchair accessible. There are a few no-nos. No pets. No smoking. No alcohol. Please be sure to review the Colour Walk/Run FAQs on our event site here. The tips include:
- Bring towels for the car ride home. The colour dye is washable but towels will keep it from spreading. Or bring a change of clothes just in case.
- Will the colour stain my clothes? Like any laundry, if left too long the colour powder will stain your clothes. We suggest that you do not wear your favourite outfit.
- Our colour throwers will be stationed along the course. Their goal is to douse you in colourful powder (from the neck down) to ensure that you look like you ran through a beautiful rainbow by the time you cross the finish line.
- If you are bringing your camera, be sure to cover it through the colour zones or leave it in a safe place.
- We have a free hat/visor for you to wear; sunglasses for sale for a toonie and headbands for $10.00 in case you want extra coverage.
Remember you can pledge online until October 31, 2016 and for all of you who have opted to fundraise using the paper pledge forms make sure cheques are made out to MitoCanada Foundation. We are so excited that you are coming to this family-friendly fundraising event to benefit mitochondrial disease awareness/research. We cannot do it without you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Warm regards, The Walk4Mito Team